Skip to main content
Wow! The day is slipping away from me... finally I'm at the computer.

My friend Lisa stopped by for coffee this morning - we sit and talk never noticing how many hours have slipped by us.  I guess that's when you know you're real friends, right?

Anyway, we talked a lot about The Shutter Release Project because I was multi tasking as we sipped coffee and ate donuts. She loves photography like me so that's a topic we both enjoy. As I've said before, I'm not a professional, just love playing with my camera and love love pictures. Also, we talked about my other obsession...fashion. She was curious on what I would be wearing to The Shutter Release Event. I showed her two dresses that are on my list - one's a one sleeve aquamarine maxi, and the other is a black to the knee BCBG dress. They both require me losing 10 pounds so we'll see - my donut didn't help the cause.

Here's some shots from this week.
Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray
Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray
If you see something that moves you, and then snap it, you keep a moment. - Linda McCartney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...