Skip to main content
When I saw this I thought what a perfect gift for my husband. You see he bought me a television for the bedroom years ago and hung it on the wall before most people were hanging them on the wall. Of course with the TV came a remote - so it's my remote, right?  Really the only time he touches it is when I lose it - (which I do daily) he seems to be the one that always finds it so I think wrapping the remote and letting him use it for a day with some candy attached is perfect! I hope I can actually give it up for a day - he's not a fan of Bravo or HGTV.


 http://willowbirdbaking.com/2012/04/25/gooey-chocolate-skillet-cake-ice-cream-sundae/ Also, I came across this cake which is pretty much the same recipe as my Texas Sheet Cake. I just never thought of baking it in my cast iron skillet and digging the center out to fill with ice cream... yum! We're all a fan of chocolate so this might make the Father's Day dessert list. Yesterday I put a cheesecake recipe up that he said he wanted - why not just sweets for his special day - I'm game!

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.  ~Bill Cosby
Do they still make soap on a rope? Happy Wednesday... Enjoy! 

P.S. The dress sewing that my granddaughters have been experimenting with is still in progress... pictures coming soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...