Skip to main content
I was a Housewives addict, but after a few years of watching constant bickering and back stabbing, I'm not as loyal of a fan anymore.

I maybe tuned into a total of two episodes of  The Housewives of Atlanta this season - couldn't handle grown women acting like they're still in high school. I never see them do anything positive in their lives or for their community. Nene likes to say, "I'm rich." So give back and quit bragging. But, I will check out Kim's new show, Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding. She's the one in the group that has managed to stay out of the drama and focus on her family and new husband.                                                

My thought was to watch the Atlanta reunion show at the end of the season, but after a minute of hearing Nene run her mouth and pointing her giant finger, I was done with that as well.                    


Which brings me to Shahs of Sunset by Ryan Seacrest. I told myself not to tune in...don't need another show with ridiculous caddy women. "Hello we're Persian."  But, I've tuned in a few times and I really like it.

They are real working people, real friends with normal life issues, and they talk instead of screaming at each other. The cast consist of Reza, Mike, Sammy, Asa, GG and MJ.

Reza, is an openly gay man in the Persian community. He has had years of disconnect with his father - finally they had a heart-to-heart to repair their relationship -It was a touching and emotional episode.

 MJ  is successful with her real estate career, but she has a mother that is full of negativity. MJ confronts her mother about all the negativity she throws at her, but there is no changing her and her opinions. She told her MJ she wasn't successful and she wasn't marriage material. Ouch!

Mike Shouhed is single, Persian and Jewish, Asa Rahmati is artistic, free spirited, writes and records music. GG Gharachedaghi travels and shops saying that she's looking for a husband to take the burden off her father, and Sammy Younai is a residential developer in Beverly Hills that specializes in building multi-million dollar homes specifically for the Persian community.

Excited for next season!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people