Skip to main content

Yesterday was a crazy busy day for me, but not a busy day where I felt as if I accomplished things - it felt chaotic.

cmurray
cmurray
I started out the morning washing my car (that I never get to drive) with the help of Madison and Makenna.

I met with my friend Arlene after the car wash at AJ's for coffee, which I needed desperately. I have some mountains that I'm climbing right now and at times it seems like I'm never going to get to the top - it's nice having an adult conversation with a good friend and neutral party.

I still wasn't sure where my son was and if he was really okay. Thankfully someone tagged him in photos on facebook yesterday - I was able to get a glimpse of what he was doing and where he was. It seemed as if I had just showed Arlene the picture off of my phone and he called - he came home yesterday evening.
cmurray
Makenna and I just happened to be outside when my husband was driving up to our house. Makenna looked and saw her daddy sitting in the passenger seat - all I can say is that it was a priceless moment. She screamed, "my daddy!" as her little legs went running out the courtyard to greet him. They ran into each others arms like a movie in slow motion. As he swooped her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck it was ear to ear smiles from the two of them. Thank God for bringing him home safely.


cmurray
cmurray

It was quick hugs welcoming Michael home and off to my grandson's recital. He was awesome of course with all the right moves. Way to go Brad!

Michael coming home and watching Bradley dance allowed me to focus on the precious moments that I was blessed with and forget about all the obstacles in my way - I'm thankful for that.










I promised Father's Day ideas - here's a couple of recipes. More to come tomorrow!

Dad's Best Pork Chops Recipe



Refrigerator Lime Cheesecake
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holiday---Celebration-Recipes/Father-s-Day-Recipes/Father-s-Day-Desserts


Enjoy your Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...