Skip to main content

Family Day


Yesterday we had a BBQ for my daughter at my place - it was nice having most of the family together - my son that was in Calif. has now ventured to Flagstaff so he was MIA.

It was an afternoon of swimming and eating with only one injury. My granddaughter Madison ended up getting hit in the nose with my grandson's head. We thought her nose was broken, but thankfully it's just bruised.

Before the family get together and the nose injury I gave my 12 year old granddaughters a quick sewing lesson. They both made a throw pillow and now they're moving on to designing maxi dresses. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the fabric store so they can begin designing and sewing - should be interesting!

After the BBQ my husband and I stayed at The Pointe for the night (a gift from our kids) and I ate my favorite food in bed; french fries along with the best carrot cake, and of course, we sipped on wine.  


Now it's time to focus on my laundry - have a great Sunday!
The Pointe
The Pointe 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people