Skip to main content

I can't get Makenna to eat in the morning -  I'm lucky if she eats a tiny bite of yogurt. So yesterday I decided to have her make her own breakfast to see if it would entice her to eat. "You're making homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast." She quickly responded with, " No I not." But once I got her scrubbed up and in the kitchen she was happy to work for food. 



While she was working on the pancakes I made fruit kabobs; which she was both curious and excited about.                                                                                                                                                    She ate her kabob and half of a pancake - quite a bit of food for this girl. I also ate a pancake and I have to say, not bad for her first time. She decided to add all the baking powder (thankfully the can was almost empty) to her mix so they were a little thick, but tasted great. 

http://kidshealth.org/kid/nutrition/food/breakfast.html kids who don't eat breakfast are less able to learn at school, get less iron (an important nutrient) in their diets, and are more likely to have a higher body mass index (BMI), which is a sign they may be overweight.

On the other hand, kids who eat breakfast do better in school, are more likely to participate in physical activities, and tend to eat healthier overall. So tomorrow morning, don't run out the door on an empty stomach. Fuel up with a healthy breakfast!

Make it a fabulous Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people