Skip to main content

Fun in the Sun Day










Wading pool, popsicle's, sprinklers and chalk was my morning yesterday.

I took Makenna and Madison to my niece's house so they could play with their cousins while we played catch up. It's funny how you can live 20 minutes away from each other but never get together. 

Our conversation started out emotional because it went back in time. I'm telling you God keeps taking me there for some reason. As I was listening to her I felt like she was telling my story - at one point something she said was the last line I had written the night before. I have always said I don't believe in coincidences - it's confirmation. 

Our conversations became lighter as the afternoon went on and we sat watching the kids running through the grass full of smiles and giggles. 

I had been thinking about my niece a lot lately, so I was happy that I had initiated the get together. We're both just so broken - it felt great to unload with someone that gets it. She said, " I thought I had fixed myself years ago, but I started going to therapy because I'm numb - I can't even cry." My response was, "I don't cry, it's too much wasted energy." Maybe I need therapy as well - guess I shouldn't say maybe, I do. But, I don't have time at the moment because right now I'm thrown in the middle of other peoples messes that they've created.                                                                                                                                      

"Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be;
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be."

Happy Tuesday... Count your blessings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people