Skip to main content

Only 13 Days Away

What's your plan for Father's Day?

My husband and I talked to my son yesterday on what to do on Father's Day. We came up with two options - rent a couple of cabana's at the resort by my house and hang out for the day, or boat on the lake for the day. Personally, I think the resort by the house will be the most relaxing option, but the lake might be more fun.

I looked up some gift ideas that I thought were unique and fun - June 17th will be here before you know it so you better start thinking.

Joystick-It
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/e75a/   Add a real physical joystick to your tablet computer for enhanced gaming precision.


Backyard Bocce
http://www.parkerandotis.com/store/favorite-things/ridleys-garden-bocce-set.html


Beer and Pretzel Caramels
http://www.truffletruffle.com/beer_pretzel_collection.php


Microphone Speaker
http://www.spitfiregirl.com/products-page/for-him/microphone-speaker/
 The mini speaker plugs into an iPhone or iPod and can rock on for up to four hours long. 

Make Your Own Whiskey Kithttp://www.binnys.com/spirits/Age_Your_Own_Whiskey_Kits_by_Woodinville_Whiskey_Company_197952.html

What do you think of those ideas? Make some whiskey as you rock out to your favorite tunes from your microphone speaker. (my 2 favorites) Although I'm really tempted to order Backyard Bocce since I've never played. We use to love playing horseshoes so this might be a fun replacement. Anyway, I'll throw in a couple of ideas and Father's Day recipe's each day up until the big day.

Happy Monday - Smile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people