Skip to main content
This morning I ran to Goodwill for their $1 Day Sale. I have always been a  lover of yardsale and resale shopping  - just my thing!

So I go in Goodwill and walk straight to the jewelry counter which I never do, but today I was drawn to it for some weird reason.There was an elderly man leaning over the counter that I've seen several times before in different Goodwill's, but we've never spoke. He started telling me how he buys and resales at a swapmeet up North on the weekends and works at Walmart at night. All of his swapmeet money is his nest egg so he doesn't have to worry when he retires.We then went our separate ways and I really didn't think much of  our conversation as I walked through the store. I grabbed some stuff and proceeded to the register. At the register was an elderly woman - she greeted me and said " Who would think that I could sell to people in another state with a push of a button." We ended up having a long conversation about her business and her saving for retirement with her business income and working at Goodwill for her main income. Any of you think that was a message from God that two people talked to me about business and retirement?

I get in my car and begin driving home when all of a sudden a business idea pops in my head. I call Tom to share it with him (plus I'd probably forget by the time I got home) and tell him about my conversation. He thought it was a great idea and thought I should go for it. I can do this along with The Shutter Release Project and still watch the grand kids... it's a win win for me!                                                                                                                                  

As soon as I get it going you all will be the first for the big reveal - Excited!

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
—Steve Jobs, Stanford commencement speech 2005

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people