Skip to main content

Friendship Day


HAPPY NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY! Those that know me well know that I'm not big on all of these designated days, unless of course it's National Wine Day; but friendship was already on my mind before I realized what day it was.

I have a small circle of friends because my friendships are extremely important to me. I value them and I never take the relationship for granted. I know that my friends are one of God's many blessings to me - I'm grateful for each and everyone of them.

Here's what being my friend boils down to:

There's certain expectations that I have with my friends - unspoken but known. Such as trust & honesty. I want to be able to share my life, both good and bad without worry of it being repeated. I want them to be honest with me regardless if I want to hear it or accept it. If I messed up tell me, because I'm sure going to tell you.
I hate being too serious - I love having random conversations that make me laugh.
I have a sense of humor that not everyone will get, but so far I haven't been bumped off the friend list for it.
I can't seem to get through a day without saying the word fuck a few times too many.
I'm analyzing just a little when we're talking, but never judging. (I share my thoughts)
I'm all about fun, music, and wine, and accept the invitations to go out, but despise having to get ready to go out, but I show up! (Tina)
I like a diverse group of friends. We learn from each other.
You have to be yourself! I want the real raw you.
Most importantly, I will be your friend through the best times of your life, and the hardest times if you allow me. I don't turn my back or walk away when the ground is shaky.
I'm all about friends for life.

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people