Skip to main content
Yesterday at 7:06pm my husband received a text from his brother that his father had passed away.
It's been 2 weeks of waiting and wondering - when the nurse checked on him Sunday morning she thought she'd be back that evening, but he was a fighter.

My niece Alicia sent us all a message a couple of days ago asking each of us to share our best memory of her Grandfather, my father in law. As I sat thinking of what mine would be I realized I had nothing but good memories. He was always kind to me I told her, and I loved how he really listened to what everyone had to say. Not once do I remember him interrupting during a conversation or pushing his opinion on anyone. He always greeted me at the door with a smile and hug that was genuine, and when we left he always opened my car door - a true gentleman.

I was 18 when I first met Mr. Murray and I hadn't experienced an adult male that had a positive influence on me. All I knew was rage and abuse - I was in awe with his demeanor, attentiveness and kindness. He was my definition of what a father should be.

He had great stories to share and I loved listening to them. He enjoyed a drink before dinner and introduced me to vodka and sprite with a twist of lime. He made that same drink for me up until he was confined to his bed.  He was a lover of sweets and waited patiently after dinner for us to finish so dessert could be served. It seemed whatever we had sweet it included a few scoops of ice cream on the side. In fact, the last thing that he ate was vanilla ice cream fed to him by my husband.

 I am so thankful that he was a part of my life for 35 years - he left me with great memories that will live in my heart forever.


I'm Free

Don't grieve for me for now I'm free,
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took his hand when I heard him call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone will stay that way,
I found that peace at close of day.
If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, a laugh a kiss,
Ah yes, these things I, too, will miss.
But not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life has been full, I've savored much.
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all to brief
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief,
Lift up you hearts and share with me,
God wanted me now,
He set me free. ~Author Unknown



           Tho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people