Skip to main content
I was in Tucson Friday and Saturday for my father in laws service.

It was a weekend of reuniting with family and friends as we shared stories and said our goodbyes to Thomas D. Murray.

We all gathered at the house on Friday after the Rosary and had his famous vodka and sprite with a twist of lime. My niece made him a glass and set it by his urn which we placed by the desserts. It was an evening of food and laughter  - I believe that was just what he wanted. 

Later in the evening the guys pulled out his set of poker chips and cards and played poker while others looked through his scrapbook and reflected on his life. Some gathered down stairs and shot pool - the kids played outside with his paddle ball invention that he made years ago. In fact, he even made the paddle. It amazing how creative he was. Teri (my sister in law) shared with me that he made the swim blocks when they were young and on the swim team - he also made his own ab roller out of a lawn mower wheel before Ab Rollers were on the market.


On Saturday before we headed home Tom and I walked around the house scattering some of his ashes.( His father designed and built their home in the 60's) There's a lot of great memories that this home holds - happy I've been a part of some of them. 


Although it was an exhausting and emotional weekend - it was a beautiful and memorable two days. 








Embrace your Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...