Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Allie & Brad

Today two of my grandchildren, the twins are 13 years old... Happy Birthday Allie and Brad!

It's hard to believe that I have grandchildren that are teenagers. They're great kids - focused in school, busy with their extra curricular activities, and a great big sister and brother. 

It doesn't seem like that many years have passed. I still have great memories of them as new borns - they were the perfect snuggling size. As they grew Brad still wanted me to sit and hold him all day, and I did. I asked Tiffanie how she got anything done holding him.                                                          She said, " I don't hold him all day." But I still did. I spent most of my time with Allie pulling vegetables out of her nose. Great times - loved every minute!

We've had a lot of great times growing up together, and I hope to have many more as they venture into their new world of being a teen.

I'm so glad you were born - you brighten my life and fill it with joy... Happy 13th!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...