Skip to main content
My husband's plan was to come home Sunday, but after talking to the nurse he was torn on what to do. He misses his family and home, but he also wanted to be with his father through the end.

We've been together since we were 18 and the longest that we've been apart is when he went to Washington, DC this year for 5 days... we're not very good at living separate lives. It's funny how you have routines that you don't even realize. Such as, him waking up early and putting the dogs out at 5:30. (Who got them on that schedule?) I tried pushing them back to 6:30 but woke up to the gift of poop - You would think they'd appreciate an extra hour of sleep, but no! Also, he has always made me a cup of coffee every morning and put it on my night stand a few minutes before I wake up. I had to motivate myself to brew a pot much less pour myself a cup. I know it's silly little things, but it's our thing. I also found that having a glass a wine in the evening alone isn't as enjoyable either.

I had an elderly woman that worked for me - her husband passed away and I called her a few weeks later to see how she was doing. She said,  " I'm just so lost - I don't even know how to make the coffee." She went on to say that he brought her a cup every morning and it was hard for her not seeing her cup of coffee by her bedside in the morning. She's as capable as I am on making coffee and pouring ourselves a cup...it's just part of our routine that we take for granted and miss when it's no longer there. How does the saying go? You never know what you got until it's gone. I think that's it - anyway, it's true.

 
Tom stayed and I received several text messages last night saying that it was just a matter of time for his father  - most likely within the hour based on his breathing. So I forwarded the information to everyone and went to bed.

 This morning I sent him a text saying, "Apparently he's still alive?"  He is, but with the way things are going Tom has done all that he can, so he has hopped on his motorcycle and is on his way home. 

It will be nice to have him home again!





“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” 
― Lao Tzu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...