Skip to main content
My husband's plan was to come home Sunday, but after talking to the nurse he was torn on what to do. He misses his family and home, but he also wanted to be with his father through the end.

We've been together since we were 18 and the longest that we've been apart is when he went to Washington, DC this year for 5 days... we're not very good at living separate lives. It's funny how you have routines that you don't even realize. Such as, him waking up early and putting the dogs out at 5:30. (Who got them on that schedule?) I tried pushing them back to 6:30 but woke up to the gift of poop - You would think they'd appreciate an extra hour of sleep, but no! Also, he has always made me a cup of coffee every morning and put it on my night stand a few minutes before I wake up. I had to motivate myself to brew a pot much less pour myself a cup. I know it's silly little things, but it's our thing. I also found that having a glass a wine in the evening alone isn't as enjoyable either.

I had an elderly woman that worked for me - her husband passed away and I called her a few weeks later to see how she was doing. She said,  " I'm just so lost - I don't even know how to make the coffee." She went on to say that he brought her a cup every morning and it was hard for her not seeing her cup of coffee by her bedside in the morning. She's as capable as I am on making coffee and pouring ourselves a cup...it's just part of our routine that we take for granted and miss when it's no longer there. How does the saying go? You never know what you got until it's gone. I think that's it - anyway, it's true.

 
Tom stayed and I received several text messages last night saying that it was just a matter of time for his father  - most likely within the hour based on his breathing. So I forwarded the information to everyone and went to bed.

 This morning I sent him a text saying, "Apparently he's still alive?"  He is, but with the way things are going Tom has done all that he can, so he has hopped on his motorcycle and is on his way home. 

It will be nice to have him home again!





“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” 
― Lao Tzu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people