Skip to main content




    1. grat·i·tude  

      /ˈgratəˌt(y)o͞od/
      Noun
      The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
      Synonyms
      gratefulness - thankfulness - thanks - appreciation
  1. Gratitude has really been laying heavy on my heart since my husband has been in Tucson caring for his father. 
  2. I'm extremely grateful that I'm married to a man that his family is on the top of his priority list. He took time off of his job, time away from our family, and gave up his life temporarily to comfort and care for the man that gave him life. It's a huge sacrifice and I'm extremely proud of him. It's a lot easier to be self - absorbed and not take the time to do for others unconditionally.                                                                                    
  3. I know that he's exhausted and misses being home, but he's where he wants to be and should be. He made a commitment and he's going to stick with it - that tells you a lot about what kind of man he is... his father did an awesome job!  I'm so grateful that God blessed me with having them in my life. 
  4. I hope somehow he's aware of the sacrifice his son has made for him - he would be proud!
  5. "Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."
  6. Have a blessed day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...