Skip to main content
I'm fried!

I'm so exhausted from the week... I feel like I could sleep for 24 hours.

It's the kind of exhaustion where you can't even have a conversation because your words come out completely wrong and you pretty much forget what you were going to say by the time you get the right words out. (maybe that part is old age)

I'm not sure if I shared with you that my 2.5 year old granddaughter loves to drop the F bomb - once  she starts she just keeps going with it like she's possessed. Here's an example - My daughter's boyfriend came over and here comes Makenna walking down the hall with her hands on her hips..."What you doing in my house, you here every night, this is my house you need to get the F out. (her hand is now waving and head bobbing) You go to your F***ing house, this not your F***ing house."  That's just part of the dialog that went on.                                                                                                                    

I tried several discipline measures which all failed, but this week I finally found the one thing that makes her stop. I just walk over to her and say, " I'm going to pray for you." She runs screaming, "No, I'll be good Grandma." Not quite sure why it works, but I'm going to stick with it.

Anyway, I'm on my way to Tucson to see my hubby and offer support/ help. I made the decision not to see his dad unless he ask to see me.                                                                                

He's coming home today - was talking quite a bit on Friday. Hoping bringing him back to the house will be a good thing for everyone.

Have a great Saturday... go back to bed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...