Skip to main content
Lately I've been so busy praying and thanking God for hearing and answering my prayers - I feel like I've lost sight of some of the struggles that my friends are going through.

I have three friends that I met in 1989 when I came to Phoenix. Each of them are spiritual women that have been instrumental in my life. I'm extremely close to one so I know what's happening in her world - the other two, not so much. But within the past week I've had contact with each of them, and each of them have stuff that they're going through. I felt self - absorbed after my conversations with them - I believe that was Gods message to me.

We're all going through something, we all have stuff we need to deal with and get through, and we all need someone praying for us. I had a recent conversation with my friend that is going through some drug issues with her son about prayer. We talked about how exhausted and beaten up you feel when you're dealing with an addict and all you can do is pray. I remember telling her that I feel that all I do from the time I open my eyes up until I'm asleep is pray. I said, " Do you ever wonder who's praying for you?'



"The greatest thing anyone can do for God or man is pray." S.D. Gordon



Love your Thursday and the people that are in it!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...