Skip to main content
I went to bed thinking of my husband with his father.                                                                                

This morning when we talked he said, "This is tough, but you know." It is tough, but the reward of being by a loved one's side before they go on their journey to Heaven is a beautiful thing. I know his experience is harder because his father is in pain, but God gives us the strength to do hard things.

I still have the memory of my sisters and I by my mother's bed feeding her ice chips, holding her hand, talking to her and praying for her. For me, that time allowed me to have real moments with my sister's and my mother.

Tom has been sitting by his side talking to him and holding his hand as he responds with moaning and grunting. I know how frustrating it is to not understand what they're trying to tell you. My mother had a look in her eyes that expressed the words that wouldn't come out. Her last words to us was, " No pain." Those two words was all I needed.                                                                                                  

Last night when Tom told his father that he was leaving and would see him in the morning he expected a moan or no response, but he got, "Goodbye Tom."                                                                                   I love that not only did he respond, but he knew that Tom had been by his side... priceless!

Have a blessed Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people