Skip to main content

Give Back

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey. — Stephen Covey  
Another one of my favorite quotes that I thought I'd share with you. This quote describes what I work at doing in my life, and what I strongly believe every human should do. I believe that we're all connected and that our main purpose in life is to help others.


I woke up this morning and immediately started working on paperwork for a non profit that I serve on the board - One Step Two Step Operation Hope & At Risk Youth Services  onesteptwostep.org  We're working on a huge President's Day Event in hopes to reach several our troubled youth. After juggling laundry, cleaning house and working on the paper work for One Step Two Step, it inspired me to write a short blog on giving back.                            

I know for most of us we live a busy and at times hectic life - so it's not always easy to remember the less fortunate, much less get involved. But I feel everyone should be involved giving back to their community in some way. As Mother Teresa stated,  “At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.”  What a profound statement.

The smallest things sometimes are huge things in someones life. Even the things that we typically take for granted... food, shelter, transportation, clothing and water to name a few. I've been involved with many organizations - trust me, they will all accommodate your schedule when it comes to you volunteering. So find where your passion is and share it with the world!
Albert Einstein:
"It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it."

          Oprah Winfrey:
"I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life." 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people