Skip to main content

More Drug Talk

I didn't anticipate continuing my blog regarding drugs. But, I read an interesting article this morning about Whitney Houston, which led me to ask a question about responsibility.

Chaka Khan was interviewed by Piers Morgan - she stated that someone should have been with Whitney to supervise her - to keep the riff-raff and dangerous people away.

My question is, when does it stop being every one's responsibility to take care of the people that have chosen to live a life of drugs.                                                                                                                    

I've questioned myself with the situation in my family, but I feel at some point people need to take responsibility for their choices. We can't go through life babysitting them... we can't fix someone that doesn't want fixing, and we surely can't be with them 24/7. Furthermore, if they die from drugs I can't place blame on someone else for their death. We need to stop playing the blame game... if people want to get high, they're going to get high.

I've had several people state yesterday that they feel myself and my family are responsible for my son's drug problems. Initially I was irritated by their comments and was allowing it to consume me. But I considered the source... druggies. You can't argue with drugs and ignorance.

CMurray


You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process, is its own reward.

- Amelia Earhart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people