Skip to main content

Take Responsibility, or Not

Today I'm torn on which topic I really want to address... adoption or responsibility. I briefly touched on the subject of adoption yesterday on The Murray Talk on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/themurraytalk Which triggered some responsibility issues that irritate me.

I personally believe if you want to fix any part of yourself, at some point in your life you need to take ownership of the things you've done. Pretending that you're not responsible doesn't make it so.

I think we're all are flawed in one way or another, but when choices you've made in your life have negatively impacted other people, you need to make it right. I have first hand experience with a situation where a particular person and their actions have created negative consequences on another life since their birth. But they refuse to believe they played a part in any of it. I don't care how much this person tries to re-invent themselves, it is what it is, so take responsibility for it.
You know, I'm going to end this blog with that so I don't say things that I really shouldn't publically.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.--Josiah Stamp

Let there be no doubt: as long as you continue to blame others instead of assuming your responsibilities, you will make no meaningful and enduring change for the better. What kind of people are we, if we don't have the character to own up to our own shortcomings and responsibilities? To have and enjoy certain liberties requires us to hold each other and ourselves accountable for our actions.--Gary Ryan Blair (Mind Munchies : A Delicious Assortment of Brain Snacks!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people