Skip to main content

How's Your Sleep

OMG Facts tweeted yesterday that you can survive days without eating but will live 11 days from not sleeping. http://www.omg-facts.com/ I'm teetering on being sleep deprived at the moment.

My 2 year old granddaughter has been staying the night and she won't sleep in her room.  She is a 2 year old that is the height of most 4 year olds, and she sleeps horizontally. It's not bad the nights that I get her head in my chest, but when its a night of the feet and getting kicked... forget about it. No sleep!

I did some research and of course there has always been pros and cons about children sleeping in the same bed. Dr. Phil is opposed to it  - one of his reasons is it can cause regressive behavior. http://drphil.com/articles/article/114 Personally I disagree - I loved having my kids by me and saw no side effects from it. They knew that they were always welcome in my bed, so naturally the same rule goes for the grandkids. It's just this is the first time having a little giant that sleeps crooked in it.

http://www.redbookmag.com/kids-family/advice/cosleeping-parents-kids

I believe co-sleeping, the family bed, or whatever you want to call it is a personal choice like breast feeding. What you decide is best for your child and you is the way you should go. "Currently, most child development experts, even those who were previously opposed to co-sleeping, take a middle-ground position on a family-that-sleeps-together policy. Most now admit that an issue this personal has to be decided by you, taking your own family's needs and cultural background into consideration." http://www.parents.com/baby/sleep/co-sleeping/the-family-bed/


Happy Sleeping!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people