Skip to main content

Be You

I love this quote primarily because I have never fallen in the so called ordinary category. I'm different in my thinking, style, and ideas. I have never been a play -it -safer. When I have an idea or a vision of something, I'm willing to take a risk at it becoming a reality. Finally, I refuse to change who I am to fit in socially. I'm all about loving who you are and embracing each others differences.                  

This morning when I was getting my two year old granddaughter dressed to go out for breakfast she decided to wear rain boots with her outfit. My 11 year old granddaughter said, She's wearing rain boots? "

I love that she has her own style at 2 and doesn't care if the other 2 year old is wearing them. I can't tell you how many people looked at her and made a comment about them. It didn't phase her one bit, and hopefully it never will. It's important to begin loving who you are when you're young... there's plenty of years ahead of people trying to mold you. Hopefully she'll keep her strong will personality and do her own thing without ever feeling like she has to fit in. Like her Grandma!


 I remember in my store this little boy around 3 years of age running around in circles. He yelled out, "I'm running in squares!" I loved it - told his mom, "Now that's a kid that thinks out of the box. "


So think out of the box and embrace your individuality along with embracing others... don't be judgmental, love people for who they are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people