Skip to main content

Live

"Some people drift through their entire life. They do it one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time. It happens so gradually they are unaware of how their lives are slipping away until it's too late."
Mary Kay Ash
I love this quote because I believe this happens to often to so many people. For example, my mother lived her entire life for other people. She didn't get to do the things that she truly loved, or experience life outside of her environment. She allowed other people to dictate her life, and she got lost in the shuffle along the way. By the time life allowed her to be herself... it was to late. She didn't have the energy, the desire, or age on her side to pursue her dreams.

I myself have been guilty of drifting certain times in my life - living day by day, but not really living. I've worked jobs that I allowed to consume me to the point of where I wasn't enjoying the little things that I'm blessed with each day. However, over the years I have learned to live my life to the fullest, while being thankful for each day that God has blessed me with. Hey, if I wake up in the morning that's a great thing, and something to be thankful for. I owe it to God and myself to make it the best day that it can possibly be.

That's how I live my life... as I've always said, " I'm leaving this world with no regrets. "

I know it's easier said than done, but don't let life consume you to the point that you become lost in it. Because when you're finally ready to enjoy it.. it just might be to late. CM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people