Skip to main content

People In My Life

As I was cleaning today I started reflecting on people that have crossed my path over the years. Some I'm still in touch with while others I have no idea where they are. I'll take partial responsibility for losing contact, because if you're full of drama and trying to act like someone you're not...I'm out!  Although I love watching the drama and all the fakeness on reality TV - don't want it in my life. But, whatever the reason is, I still have the memories.

I read a book a few years ago, When God Winks at You, by Squire Rushnell. This book shares short stories of events in life with everyday and famous people. Some people call these little events a coincidence; While others may think it's predestined - I personally don't believe in coincidences.

The people that I currently have in my life accept me for who I am without judgement. I'm a very simple, spiritual and real person. I'm not pretentious, I speak my mind, and I'm truthful. I'm not political,  I'm about right and wrong. I stand up for what I believe is right, and I'll fight the best fight that I can against the wrong. I'm not a follower... okay with people not liking me, okay with people not being in my life, and I don't have that pleaser personality. I admit that I'm not the person to have in your circle if you're looking for a 'yes man'. I think my most used one liner is, "Don't ask me if you don't want to hear the truth."

I believe the people that are still close to me are suppose to be, and the people that have been in my life and no longer are, needed to be at the time. I strongly believe in the old saying that some people are in our lives only for a season.  For example, I met a woman by the name of Brandy Reed a few years ago. We met while working at the same fashion show... she was a makeup artist. Our initial contact was tense; Probably because working a show makes you a crazy person up until the end. Anyway, she ended up contacting me later and we met for coffee. After that we talked on the phone every so often and worked a couple of shoots together. I met a photographer friend of hers, Eric Winfield at one of the shoots. Brandy wanted to do photography as well, so Eric worked as her mentor. In fact, the last shoot that I did with Brandy was her own. She had work in Vegas so we scheduled another shoot for after her return. Brandy never returned - she was found dead in Vegas. I have asked myself many times why we met and what was the purpose of such a short relationship...I still don't have the answer. But I do have great memories of our last time together in a hotel room for 10 hours with models coming and going. We were singing to the songs on her cd's, eating junk food, talking, planning, driving each other crazy, and laughing during the down time like silly girls in a dorm room. Apparently that was all I was to get of Miss Brandy Reed. She did bring new people in my life like Eric... I'm blessed to have him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3R2Jh5BFc              http://www.ericsimages.com/  Funny how that works... coincidence or predestined?
                                                                                                        

Maybe I'll figure it all out someday or maybe I won't; Or maybe we're not suppose to.

My daughters & Brandy

"Each of us is meant to have a character all our own, to be what no other can exactly be, and do what no other can exactly do." 
-- William Ellery Channing


"We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark." 
-- Whoopi Goldberg




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people