Skip to main content

Boss Lady

Here I am 52 years old and my boss is a 2 year old that's in a foul mood today. Typically her disposition is pleasant and she's fairly easy to accommodate. But today she has a scratchy throat, running nose, a low grade fever, and she's a bear! She has me thinking of quitting this gig since I've held this position many times before. So far this morning she's been relaxing in bed while holding the remote tightly as she surfs through the channels. However, during the process she continually summons me just to scream, "I want Elmo!" As I explain to her that Elmo isn't on yet, and as I proceed to leave the room, she yells, "Turn it off!" Mind you she is still controlling the remote. I ask her to hand me the remote so I can grant her wish on turning the TV off, and she quickly says, " Don't talk to me!' As I'm explaining to her that she's being rude and isn't allowed to talk to grandma like that. She politely says to me, "Shut the door." I believe that's code for don't let it hit your ass on the way out.
Carolyn Murray
Boss Lady
For all you stay at home moms/dads, daycare providers, and grandparents that are taking care of kiddos ... I'm praying for you.


"The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe." - Lawrence Kutner 





“Having children is like living in a frat house - nobody sleeps, everything's broken, and there's a lot of throwing up.” 

 Ray Romano 

Comments

  1. Haha! Just wait for her to be a teenager! I believe this is just the birth control I need, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should take her to High Schools... she might help drop the teen pregnancy rate.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people