Skip to main content

New Years Resolutions

 Today is January 11, 2012, and the thought of how many people are sticking to the almighty New Years Resolution crossed my mind. I personally don't make one simply for the fact that I wouldn't stick with it... maybe I have the wrong attitude - already accepting defeat, but I really don't remember ever making one because I truly don't see the point. I try each day to become a better person then I was the day before. Anyway, I decided to google the top 10 - each site that I visited pretty much had the same, just in a different order. Getting healthy, enjoying life, spending less and saving more to mention a few. http://www.2011resolutions.org/top-10-new-years-resolutions-for-2011/
For all of you that have made this a yearly tradition or decided to take a swing at it for the first time; I am hoping the best for you ... cheers! As for me, this quote sums it up. “I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. ” 
 Anaïs Nin
Make today the best that you can possibly make it for you may not see tomorrow.  - Carolyn Murray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people