Skip to main content

ROAD TRIP

Yesterday we did a quick road trip to Tucson to visit my son...he is currently living with my sister and brother in law.

 The trip started out okay...Kelsey brought homework to work on, I brought a book and a sick two year old,( Makenna) and Tom drove. Here we are flying down the freeway listening to our jams with Makenna's arms raised in the air while squealing wee like she's on a roller coaster ride, as we drive over the ramp. Then Tom  say's, "There goes one of our hubcaps... there goes another one.            
I'm hoping this isn't a sign that this is going to be a bad road trip. Seriously, we're only driving 130 miles. But shortly after the hubcaps flew off Makenna's Tylenol wore off. She wants to get out of her seat so she slips both arms out of the straps as she begins throwing everything in reach while screaming No! Yup, this is definitely the road trip from Hell. Why do I do this to myself? I knew I should of brought my wine purse packed with a bottle of red wine - who needs a glass!

Kelsey and I struggled most of the way to get a tsp. of Tylenol in her, which we finally succeeded when there was only 30 minutes to our destination. The ride was a nightmare up until the moment we pulled in my sister's  driveway...Tylenol must of kicked in. I said my hello's, handed Makenna over to Michael (my son) and took off to shop with Kelsey and my sister. Isn't shopping one of the best therapy's in life? The line was ridiculously long, but it was somehow relaxing and enjoyable in comparison to the car ride. After shopping we picked up Michael and ate the best bbq that I've had since I was a kid eating home made sauce. It's Mr. K's BBQ http://tucsonsbestbbq.com/?menus=bbq and it's delicious! If you've eaten at the original Lo-Lo's in Phoenix the appearance is similar - nothing fancy... just delicious food. We had catfish, bbq brisket, bbq hotlinks, bbq pork, bbq chicken, greens, coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, corn bread, peach cobbler and cheesecake. For anyone that loves good old barbecue soul food, this is the place.

Although it wasn't an enjoyable car ride to Tucson -  it was great visiting Michael... he looks amazing and is doing awesome!

Let me just sum up the end of this trip. Get back to my sister's house to drop Michael off so we can get back on the road. But, Tom's wallet fell out of his pocket while we were eating - so back to Mr. K's. Do the usual eegee's stop before getting on the freeway. Tylenol has worn off again, cell phones die from listening to more Elmo than you should ever listen too. Home at last, jump out of the car, get the baby out and rush to the door. We hear screaming and pounding at the windows from the inside of my car...OOPS, we shut the doors with Kelsey in the car and the safety locks on.                                     She's 21 so don't get your panties tied in a not - she would of figured it out.





Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray
Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn MurrayCarolyn Murray
                                                   
                                                               Mr K's Bbq

 

Carolyn Murray
Carolyn Murray
Carolyn Murray














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people