Skip to main content

$ DAYS

I don't know if any of you are resale shoppers, but I live for it. It's something I've been doing since I was in Jr. High School, aka Middle School, and I'm not talking just clothing either. Anyway, 2 years ago I was in a Goodwill killing time while waiting for my daughter to get out of school. I saw people racing around with shopping carts over flowing with fabulous finds. I have to admit I was a little jealous of their treasures, but was more curious why they were buying so much. I approached the cashier and asked what the deal was... every Thursday is $ Day. From that day forward there has been a new girl in town giving the regulars some competition. The trick is being there right at 9 am, grabbing a cart and heading straight to the designer section and begin throwing items in your cart. The reason I mention grabbing the cart is because that becomes an issue when they run out. I've been cursed out in languages I don't understand over one. But, I still have my old ghetto stare down and they walk away... no words needed. You have to grab quick and save the sorting for the end. It's good to know the layout of the store so you know where they house the better brands. Remember the old game show where you had so many minutes to get the groceries in your cart... that's how I do $ Day. If you want to try anything on you need to have someone with you to guard your cart. These women will pull something out and head to the register without blinking an eye... not on my watch!
I have to admit I live for Thursday morning at Goodwill... cheap retail therapy and a great way to support your community. http://www.goodwill.org/get-involved/shop/
Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray
Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase. 
~ Erma Bombeck
HAPPY SHOPPING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...