Skip to main content

$ DAYS

I don't know if any of you are resale shoppers, but I live for it. It's something I've been doing since I was in Jr. High School, aka Middle School, and I'm not talking just clothing either. Anyway, 2 years ago I was in a Goodwill killing time while waiting for my daughter to get out of school. I saw people racing around with shopping carts over flowing with fabulous finds. I have to admit I was a little jealous of their treasures, but was more curious why they were buying so much. I approached the cashier and asked what the deal was... every Thursday is $ Day. From that day forward there has been a new girl in town giving the regulars some competition. The trick is being there right at 9 am, grabbing a cart and heading straight to the designer section and begin throwing items in your cart. The reason I mention grabbing the cart is because that becomes an issue when they run out. I've been cursed out in languages I don't understand over one. But, I still have my old ghetto stare down and they walk away... no words needed. You have to grab quick and save the sorting for the end. It's good to know the layout of the store so you know where they house the better brands. Remember the old game show where you had so many minutes to get the groceries in your cart... that's how I do $ Day. If you want to try anything on you need to have someone with you to guard your cart. These women will pull something out and head to the register without blinking an eye... not on my watch!
I have to admit I live for Thursday morning at Goodwill... cheap retail therapy and a great way to support your community. http://www.goodwill.org/get-involved/shop/
Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray

Carolyn Murray
Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase. 
~ Erma Bombeck
HAPPY SHOPPING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people