Skip to main content

The World Needs You


I think we get so busy trying to perfect ourselves that we forget how much value we already have.

I was thinking of all the things that I do for people. I'm not saying they're always monumental things, but I'm always extending myself to people, and I'm confident that I've touched some lives over the years.

In fact, I was thinking about the day that I was sitting in church years ago. The pastor stopped in the middle of his sermon - he said that God had spoke to him and he had a message for someone. It was me! I'm probably slightly skeptical on things like that, but everything that he said was happening in my life, was, except for the ministry of children that he said I would have. Today I have 5 children and 8 grandchildren so that's part of my ministry of children, but it goes way beyond that.                      

I know that my purpose in life involves children. The irony with that is, in college I had my sights set on becoming a social worker, but people that knew me well convinced me that I wouldn't be good at it  because I always want to save the world, and that I would bring home all the children that needed saving.

Well, I'm 53 and still want to save the world, and the world needs me and you now. We have to take our experiences, our trials, the good and the bad from our lives and use it for the good of others. If we were perfect, what would we have to bring to others?








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people