Skip to main content

The World Needs You


I think we get so busy trying to perfect ourselves that we forget how much value we already have.

I was thinking of all the things that I do for people. I'm not saying they're always monumental things, but I'm always extending myself to people, and I'm confident that I've touched some lives over the years.

In fact, I was thinking about the day that I was sitting in church years ago. The pastor stopped in the middle of his sermon - he said that God had spoke to him and he had a message for someone. It was me! I'm probably slightly skeptical on things like that, but everything that he said was happening in my life, was, except for the ministry of children that he said I would have. Today I have 5 children and 8 grandchildren so that's part of my ministry of children, but it goes way beyond that.                      

I know that my purpose in life involves children. The irony with that is, in college I had my sights set on becoming a social worker, but people that knew me well convinced me that I wouldn't be good at it  because I always want to save the world, and that I would bring home all the children that needed saving.

Well, I'm 53 and still want to save the world, and the world needs me and you now. We have to take our experiences, our trials, the good and the bad from our lives and use it for the good of others. If we were perfect, what would we have to bring to others?








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...