Skip to main content

Hello Neighbor

This morning when I walked outside and found the newspaper from my neighbor sitting on my porch swing in my courtyard. It confirmed once again how blessed I am to have such good neighbors. I have the type of neighbors that come over with the welcome basket and individually stop by to introduce themselves when  you're new in the neighborhood.

I don't think you find neighbors anymore that have the small town mindset. I love that mine do. Every morning we're all outside working in our gardens, sweeping our patio and watering our yards as we wave and share a hello. At times we work our way over to have a morning chat - other times we have a conversation from a distance. It almost looks like the set of Desperate Housewives/Mr. Rogers. We bring goodies to each other, borrow from each other, and watch each others houses. I've come home to cookies sitting on my bistro table, books for the grandkids, a step stool to reach my windows - obviously I was being watched as I tried to balance myself on rocks to reach my windows to wash them. I have to admit that was a little creepy, but I appreciated the step stool.

It's a busy world for most people - you're lucky if you see the person that lives next door or across the street, much less know their names. I just happen to have the kind of neighbors that you can borrow the cup of sugar from, and I'm thankful for that.  

Today is National Pig Day and Peanut Butter Lover's Day so bake some peanut butter cookies for your neighbor and say hello!                      

 ”Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like if each of us offered, as a matter of course, just one kind word to another person." -Mr. Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9xk4hUKoQ&feature=related Won't You Be My Neighbor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people