Skip to main content

My Friday Hell Day

I have to thank God for giving me the gift to forget what a 2 year old with a bad case of the terrible 2's was like, or I'd have one child today.

I took my 2 year old granddaughter out shopping and for lunch like I usually do on Fridays. She was bumping to the music as cars passed by, shopped for lipstick like she usually does, and sat and ate her pizza outside of AJ's as usual. She did her hi and bye salutations to those passing by as we enjoyed the sunshine during lunch, but the last stop... the grocery store, she had a melt down.

She didn't want to get in the cart which was fine since I only needed a few items. It was when we were standing in line with the candy displayed at her level that got her. She immediately dropped the toilet paper she was holding and went in for a Milky Way. I put the Milky Way back and said you can have Skittles.. wrong move on my part. She was like the bad witch on Wizard of Oz - her body dropped to the ground and screams filled the air with her feet kicking and hitting anything and everything within reach. As I bent down to swoop her up, my back went out. So here I am looking like the guy off the nursery rhyme "There Was a Crooked Man". I'm dragging her out of the store in pain and walking sideways... her body is stiff and strong for a 2 year old. She's beat red and I'm thanking God for blessing me with patience. But it didn't end once we were outside of the store. She dropped her body again in the middle of the sidewalk as she continued her kicking and screaming. I was parked in front of the store so I stood by the car away from her thinking she would stop and get up, but not a chance. I had to struggle with her stiff body, but I was finally able to get her up and in the car - putting her the car seat was another nightmare.                                                            

Really, all this because I suggested Skittles. I told her it was straight to bed when we got home, so of course she fought getting out of the car seat that she previously was fighting so hard to stay out of. By the time I made it in the house with her I wanted and needed a pain pill and a cocktail.

So that was my Friday from hell day. The day didn't get better either, but this would turn out to be a book instead of a blog if I shared it all.
Carolyn Murray
Don't let that smile fool you
She's 2 with an attitude!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people