Skip to main content

Heaven or Hell

In church today our pastor spoke about Heaven and Hell. He stated that while on earth, we create our Heaven and Hell. I believe that -  Hell is a pain we bring to ourselves, and Heaven is an expansion of greater love. We have control of what we want our life to be. I know people that are constantly complaining and are negative in every aspect of their life. All that does is bring depression, misery and pain - Hell. He went on to say that praying, living and giving plays a big part in our Heaven and Hell. I also agree with that. I pray every day - some days it's all day... praying is important to me. It gives me hope, strength and faith... it empowers me. Living is loving, and loving is life. If you miss love... you miss life. And as for giving, you need to give to receive. I'm not saying it has to be monetary giving. It can be giving of your time, giving someone hope, giving a stranger a smile... just give.

This quote reminded me of today's message. This Is Your LIFE - what are you doing with it? Are you going to make it your Heaven or your Hell?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people