Skip to main content

Gay or Not

My granddaughter found out yesterday that the new girl at her school has been spreading rumors that she's gay. She isn't, but what if? Are people as ignorant with people being gay as they are with blacks? Also. this goes back to my comment about people thinking they have the right to say and do whatever suits them.

I know this is probably a case of the "mean girl" but I also say it's bullying since she's forming a group of girls to jump on the anti-gay wagon with her. Here's the thing, she's made disparaging comments towards another child in the class that is gay, so obviously there's an issue. We all know that she wasn't born hating, so I say educate yourself so when you produce children you don't raise them to be ignorant and shallow - they grow up to be judgmental and racist adults, and the cycle never ends.

I'm not going to sit here and say I have gay friends because I hate when people say I have black friends. This for me is about right and wrong. It's wrong to discriminate and it's wrong to bully - simple as that.

We hate some persons because we do not know them; and will not know them because we hate them.
    Charles Caleb Colton


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people