Skip to main content

Preachers Daughters

I found a lifetime show as I was flipping channels called Preachers Daughters. I have to say I was quite surprised. I guess I had a false perception of what this show would be about. I assumed because they're preachers kids that this show would highlight them as young women working towards being the pillar of society. Not so! These girls are doing things like getting tattoos, smoking pot and partying hard. I don't really understand why they have a show. There's so many young girls that are doing great things in the world - where's their show?
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/preachers-daughters

I get that they're typical teenagers experimenting and acting out like some (most) teens do, but do we need a show about it? If a God loving family and a father as a preacher has lost authority over their kids, is there much hope for the rest of us? That was my thought as I sat watching.

I have 5 children and 9 grandchildren so I'm well aware that children are all individuals with their own personalities, but respect for your parents is just respect. It doesn't matter what their personality is. My kids weren't perfect, but respect is something that was enforced in my home. I didn't see any of that with these families.

Maybe I watched it on a wrong day and I'm not really giving them a chance. But personally I think it's time for a new show with respectful teenagers working towards a better tomorrow.                                              

Not to be rude but these girls have had their little taste of fame, and I'm sure people recognize them now in their hometown. NEXT!

“Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners” 
― Laurence Sterne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people