Skip to main content

Trust

Have you had a friend that you've shared your dreams and goals with to find out that they've been slowly working on stealing it? Furthermore, they're using your last name? How can you feel good about representing yourself under my name?  In my eyes it's fraud.

I can't go into great detail, but I came across something that was created using my name without my permission. Sadly it was done by someone that I thought I knew well - someone that I trusted, a friend. I guess it shows a persons character when their business is based on a lie. Obviously they have something in their past if they need to steal someones name ... eventually mine would be tarnished as well.

Initially I left my happy place for a brief moment. I wanted to call this person out publicly on every social site that I could think of,  but I chose not to because at the end of the day God knows what this person has done, and He knows what I do. I chose not to stumble. Someday the truth will come out - it always does.

What happened to trust and loyalty?

I want to be able to trust the person that I'm speaking to, especially if you claim to be my friend. I don't take friendships lightly - I'm a great friend, but I don't go backwards in my relationships. The trust has been broken, character has been tarnished, and the friendship has changed. It's disappointing, but that's life, and in life people will sometimes disappoint you. It doesn't mean that I should never trust again, or that I shouldn't share my life with the people in my circle. It just means that I need to be more cautious next time.



Peace, Love, & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people