Skip to main content

Here's to the Past




When I saw this it reminded me of the burning ceremony that is done at the end of the year at my church.

 We all have regrets, fears, and things from our past that we hold onto for one reason or another. Writing them down on paper and seeing them go up in smoke is so powerful. Once these issues have been burned you need to believe that they are gone. That means that you don't dig them up again in the future. This is your chance to truly free yourself from the things that are keeping you stuck and holding you back.

I decided we're going to do this at my next Soul Writing Workshop.

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” 
― Joel Osteen, Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people