Skip to main content

Party Time!

My husband and I always do a party for our birthdays. My birthday was in February and his is in March, so this year since it's our 55 I thought it would be fun to do a joint dinner party on March 1st.

I planned at least a month ago...made reservations, printed invitations of us doing the oh so popular selfies, and I found a fabulous vintage dress which goes with the theme of the venue - The Duce.http://theducephx.com/

I heard rumors of rain at the beginning of the week, which I felt is kind of a problem since we have to pick up our food from a food truck outside and eat in a warehouse that has no heating. Should I cancel or go on with the party was my thought. I decided we can do it since the temp is suppose to be 66 and they will bring out space heaters per request. But, on Tuesday I somehow hurt the ball of my foot and could barely put pressure on it...how am I going to walk in heels - better yet, how am I going to dance??? Again, my thought was should I cancel, but thankfully my good friend Denise had a prescription cream to relieve pain and I was healed! Thursday I get my braces on and eating makes me want to puke. How do young kids do it? I have been living off of soup...still works for the party because I really don't need to eat there, and I lost 3 pounds! I figure I can have some broth before I leave home.                                                                                        
Well, today is Party Day and my husband is in bed sick, it's raining, and I feel like I'm going to faint from being on the model diet. (no offense to models) The party must go on so I will be there smiling with my brace face, not wearing my fabulous vintage dress, and dancing the night away. (if I don't faint)


Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...