Skip to main content

Party Time!

My husband and I always do a party for our birthdays. My birthday was in February and his is in March, so this year since it's our 55 I thought it would be fun to do a joint dinner party on March 1st.

I planned at least a month ago...made reservations, printed invitations of us doing the oh so popular selfies, and I found a fabulous vintage dress which goes with the theme of the venue - The Duce.http://theducephx.com/

I heard rumors of rain at the beginning of the week, which I felt is kind of a problem since we have to pick up our food from a food truck outside and eat in a warehouse that has no heating. Should I cancel or go on with the party was my thought. I decided we can do it since the temp is suppose to be 66 and they will bring out space heaters per request. But, on Tuesday I somehow hurt the ball of my foot and could barely put pressure on it...how am I going to walk in heels - better yet, how am I going to dance??? Again, my thought was should I cancel, but thankfully my good friend Denise had a prescription cream to relieve pain and I was healed! Thursday I get my braces on and eating makes me want to puke. How do young kids do it? I have been living off of soup...still works for the party because I really don't need to eat there, and I lost 3 pounds! I figure I can have some broth before I leave home.                                                                                        
Well, today is Party Day and my husband is in bed sick, it's raining, and I feel like I'm going to faint from being on the model diet. (no offense to models) The party must go on so I will be there smiling with my brace face, not wearing my fabulous vintage dress, and dancing the night away. (if I don't faint)


Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people