Skip to main content

Nails and Sleep

It is finally here! I feel like I've been working on The Shutter Release Project forever, but today is the day and I'm exhausted from sleep deprivation.

Yesterday my computer with the guest list crashed and my husband was in Tucson, so I had to wait for him to get home to get it going for me - I crawled in bed way too late.                                                    

I've never been a girl that gets her nails done so two of my daughters bought me Sally Hansen Salon effects nail polish strips for Mother's Day. I had already done my toes with one set and it was a piece of cake ... love them! I had my daughter put the other set on my nails before bed last night - she's being a perfectionist putting them on and peeling them off, so now the damn things won't stick. I putting tons of top coat on so they make it through the night - of course when you have wet nails you have to pee - am I right? Let's just say the task of peeing and getting ready for bed with stick on polish strips and too many coats of top coat was interesting and I now consider myself extremely talented - sleeping was a whole other story. But I'm up and they're still on my nails so maybe getting only 4 hours of sleep was worth it.

If people focus on my glittery nails versus the bags under my eyes everything will be alright.

Have a fabulous Saturday... pictures from the event coming soon!

I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
-Unknown Author





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people