Skip to main content

It's My 35th

MurrayTalk Blog
Our Church Wedding 
Today my husband and I have been married for 35 years.

I was thinking last night about all the joy and sorrow that has crossed my path over the past 35 years.

I typically don't reflect on the past too much unless something triggers a memory, which obviously my anniversary triggered me thinking of the birth of my 3 children in Tucson, moving to Phoenix, adopting my son and getting pregnant during the adoption process. I can't help but think of how we were two 18 year old kids that fell in love and never thought about all of the obstacles that would cross our paths along the way. We just continued to do what we had always done - work hard and love hard. While most people work on becoming rich, having a title, the best car, biggest home, etc., I work for my family. There isn't a bank account large enough or a material item meaningful enough to me to sacrifice my family.

Over the past 35 years I have also experienced some losses - lost both of my parents, some of my sisters and brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, and our dog Lacy, but that's just the circle of life. I'm a cancer survivor, I have my health, my husband, my children, my grandchildren, my Tucson family and a handful of really good friends. I am blessed!                                                                              

CMurrayCMurray
CMurray
Michael and Kelsey


The Murray Talk
The Grandkids
Thank you Jesus for 53 years of life and 35 years of family blessings.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOM - I LOVE YOU!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...