Skip to main content

It's My 35th

MurrayTalk Blog
Our Church Wedding 
Today my husband and I have been married for 35 years.

I was thinking last night about all the joy and sorrow that has crossed my path over the past 35 years.

I typically don't reflect on the past too much unless something triggers a memory, which obviously my anniversary triggered me thinking of the birth of my 3 children in Tucson, moving to Phoenix, adopting my son and getting pregnant during the adoption process. I can't help but think of how we were two 18 year old kids that fell in love and never thought about all of the obstacles that would cross our paths along the way. We just continued to do what we had always done - work hard and love hard. While most people work on becoming rich, having a title, the best car, biggest home, etc., I work for my family. There isn't a bank account large enough or a material item meaningful enough to me to sacrifice my family.

Over the past 35 years I have also experienced some losses - lost both of my parents, some of my sisters and brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, and our dog Lacy, but that's just the circle of life. I'm a cancer survivor, I have my health, my husband, my children, my grandchildren, my Tucson family and a handful of really good friends. I am blessed!                                                                              

CMurrayCMurray
CMurray
Michael and Kelsey


The Murray Talk
The Grandkids
Thank you Jesus for 53 years of life and 35 years of family blessings.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOM - I LOVE YOU!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people