Skip to main content

What Happened To Chivalry, Caring & Kindness

I know that I've complained about this before, but what has happened to chivalry and simple kindness?

Yesterday I went to Target to buy a gift for a baby shower. The gift was both large and heavy and as usual there was no one near to help. I know they have red phones everywhere to get help, but I decided to do it on my own. So with a few minutes of creative maneuvering I managed to get it in the cart. But, what I didn't think of was how I would get it out of the cart and into the back of my truck. As I struggled trying to get it out I noticed several men that drove past looking at me, and one that walked right beside me talking to his girlfriend. Are you frickin kidding me! I'm a woman and I offer assistance when I see someone in need. Needless to say, I managed to get it out. (Yes, I am woman hear me roar )

What has happened? Have we become too self - absorbed or are people just rude?  I see a lot of rudeness happening in the run of my day. I see it at preschool, on television ... pretty much everywhere I go. Here's a thought, lets go back to being kind and caring for others. It's not all about you!

Here's examples with images for those of you that aren't familiar with the term chivalry. http://www.wikihow.com/Act-Chivalrous


Be kind to someone today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people