Skip to main content

Lately I seem to be surrounded by hurting people that are spiraling deeper and deeper to a dark place. I worry if they'll be able to climb out.
It's such a difficult situation for me to be in because I can't make someone believe that their life is becoming unmanageable if they refuse to acknowledge it. Going through the motions and pretending that life is good is like putting a band aid on a deep wound that requires a whole lot more. I've been there and what happens is eventually you crack. Fortunately for me it made me what to change my life, but I've had friends that gave up the fight - they just couldn't see the light anymore.

I know how easy it is to get stuck in the past and allow old memories to take over our thoughts and our life, but we have to focus on the positive things that will lift us up and keep us moving forward. There's always something positive to hold on to everyday, something to make us smile again. Find your something and embrace it.

 I also realize that everyone doesn't have a support system - for some they simply don't want family or friends to know their pain. One thing that everyone needs to understand is that there's no shame in being hurt and broken. We all have experienced hurt and sadness - you just can't get stuck. You have to find a way to heal. The church is a great place to go - it's where the broken can be healed and lost faith can be restored. I say this because that is where I received healing in my life. Finding yourself is not a comfortable process. It's actually petrifying, but it's doable if you want it. The most difficult part is being honest with yourself and realizing that it's a solo gig - you can’t rely on anyone else to feel your pain or speak your truth.

 Healing is a process that takes you down a road that you wish you hadn't traveled, but at the end of it all healing will take you to a place of peace and happiness. So find your voice, speak your truth, throw out the things in your past that hold you hostage. Love yourself and love your life!


 “Pain is a pesky part of being human, I've learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that can't be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.” 
― C. JoyBell C.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people