Skip to main content

Life is Beautiful






Life is beautiful, but you need to take time to smell the roses.

I've never put much thought into that cliche before, but it really is true. I know so many people that need to take time to appreciate a situation or slow down and pay attention to what is going on around them. They're too busy to enjoy life.

I have always prided myself in taking time to recognize Gods gifts, but as I walked with my 4 year old granddaughter around my neighborhood yesterday she pointed out things that I saw, but was too busy to really see.

We actually walked by several rose gardens which I admired as I was walking towards them, but she saw the variety of colors, how large they were, the beautiful scent that was coming from them - she saw how beautiful they really were. She wanted to stop and look at them close up, so we stood admiring them for several minutes. As we talked about rose bushes our conversation reminded me of how much I love roses. I forgot how I loved having them in my yard and how I enjoyed being able to just walk outside and cut them for my table. The last time that I had roses growing was before I had cancer in 1999. (asking for rose bushes for Mother's Day)

 For me taking the time to enjoy the beauty of the rose bushes made me realize that I was just going through the motions of the day and not really enjoying the moment. I had allowed myself to be consumed by all the chaos of my world right now.

I think we're all a little guilty of  rushing through our days and not recognizing all the beauty that surrounds us. Slow down today, put the cell phone away, and see how beautiful life really is.

“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.” 
― Bill Watterson

Peace, Love, & Hugs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people