Skip to main content

Give me Strength...




I wasn't going to blog today because I didn't want to express everything that's in my head - most of it isn't nice.
I prayed for God to give me strength to get through this day, and that my words would be a reflection of his love. I need to reboot my thought process today...trying to bite my tongue is a challenge for me.  

I did come to the conclusion that I can no longer have people in my life that irritate/ frustrate me to the point of me wanting to get a little crazy on them. For one, it's not fair to me. Although, I take full responsibility for me allowing them to take advantage of my kindness, but now it's time to shut it down. 

I have to remind myself that some people enjoy playing the part of the martyr, some enjoy staying stuck, and some are just liars. If that's your thing, perfect! Just exclude me..I don't want to be on that ride with you.

When people choose to live a certain way they also need to learn to live with the consequences of their choices. I'm not responsible for their choices or the consequences... it's time for me to step back. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them” 
― Denis Waitley

I didn't have a lot of positive life lessons growing up, but I do remember my father saying, "Don't let people take your kindness for weakness." I have always prided myself in not allowing that to happen, but I guess hope made me think with my heart instead of my mind. Time for me to get back on track!

Have an awesome day...Be kind!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...