Skip to main content

Give me Strength...




I wasn't going to blog today because I didn't want to express everything that's in my head - most of it isn't nice.
I prayed for God to give me strength to get through this day, and that my words would be a reflection of his love. I need to reboot my thought process today...trying to bite my tongue is a challenge for me.  

I did come to the conclusion that I can no longer have people in my life that irritate/ frustrate me to the point of me wanting to get a little crazy on them. For one, it's not fair to me. Although, I take full responsibility for me allowing them to take advantage of my kindness, but now it's time to shut it down. 

I have to remind myself that some people enjoy playing the part of the martyr, some enjoy staying stuck, and some are just liars. If that's your thing, perfect! Just exclude me..I don't want to be on that ride with you.

When people choose to live a certain way they also need to learn to live with the consequences of their choices. I'm not responsible for their choices or the consequences... it's time for me to step back. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them” 
― Denis Waitley

I didn't have a lot of positive life lessons growing up, but I do remember my father saying, "Don't let people take your kindness for weakness." I have always prided myself in not allowing that to happen, but I guess hope made me think with my heart instead of my mind. Time for me to get back on track!

Have an awesome day...Be kind!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people