Skip to main content
I met with Eric last night at Lux http://luxcoffee.com/ to work on The Shutter Release Project II.

First of all, I had the best tacos and chocolate cake at Lux. It really is a fun and relaxing place to hang out.

As for The Shutter Release, we got a lot accomplished - it's going to be a great event!


On the way home I stopped at a Walgreen's in a seedy area - I was approached by a well dressed homeless lady. She asked me for money to eat so I offered to take her to McDonald's across the street.

She said, " I can't go there because they're racist against homeless people." She then said to me, " I know I don't look homeless, but just because you're homeless doesn't mean you have to look poor."

I kept walking to my car trying to end the conversation, but she wasn't going to have it. She was too close for comfort - in my bubble. I finally pulled out a dollar that was in the bottom of my purse and handed it to her. She said, " Is that all you got, don't you have change in your purse?" Give me a break!

I told her you're lucky to get a dollar because I never carry cash. She started peeking in the car as I opened the door asking if there was change in there. When I told her no there wasn't any she wanted to know why I don't carry change.

I finally said, " I save my change at my house for vacation and use a debit card so I never carry cash."

"Oh, " was her response as she thanked me and walked away FINALLY!

This woman needs to get off the streets and be in sales - she's definitely a closer.

I never give money but always offer to purchase food when I'm approached. I'm not sure if it was her not going to give up that led me to hand over a dollar or God, but in my heart I felt that I needed to give her something.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people