Skip to main content
Yesterday I was talking to one of my sisters from Tucson and she was telling me that she's planning a trip to New Mexico to visit the home that she lived in as a young child because she feels that she needs some closure. I think if that's what she feels she needs to do, go for it! But for some reason I woke up thinking I want to go too.

I was a baby and out of the house when three of my siblings died in a fire there. But she and my other sister were in the house, so it's a nightmare for her.                                                                                              

I would like to see the house where they lived and walk through it with her. She also wants to visit the grave site which I did in my 20's, but I'm willing to go again to support her in this journey.  I know it's going to be extremely emotional for her, but I think the end result will be good.

I also found out that it's family living in the home, so it would be interesting to see and meet them since I really don't know my extended family. I have to admit I carry some bitterness with family that I feel could of rescued us but decided to turn their backs instead. I'm not trying to work on fixing that though - it was what it was and it is what it is, but I didn't go through the hell that my sister's and mother did.


I'm really excited and proud of my sister taking this step - It takes courage to face our fears.

Have a blessed Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people