Skip to main content

Treasure Hunting

My brother, sister in law, her brother and my nephew stopped by to visit me yesterday on their way home to Tucson from Sequoia National Park. I seldom see them since all of them with the exception of my brother work at Sequoia National Park. So I cooked and we hung out and caught up. As we were catching up, Kathleen, my sister in law was telling me that she does Geocaching. http://www.geocaching.com/ I had never heard of it before. As she explained to me that it's a worldwide treasure hunt my question was how do you win? There are no winners and no prizes she explained. You just hunt for an object and sign your name when you find it. Although I didn't really get the point in doing it, my daughter Melissa and I decided to go with her to help her find a couple before they headed home.

It was after 9pm so of course dark when we jumped in the car to seek the treasures. Kathleen said the first one was at the park by my house which actually turned out to be the desert. We needed to cross  the wash on foot to get to the side of the desert where the treasure supposedly was. It's pitch black, I have a little pocket flashlight and I'm wearing my sparkly Toms... not shoes for walking through the desert. I told her unless there's at least $500 on the other side I'm not going across in the dark. So we headed for the next location which was Turf Paradise Race Track. This turned out to be another adventure that required going in a wash behind the racetrack - again, no thanks. The next and last location was at QT in the bushes. As we're looking in bushes a guy pulls up in a pickup and says, "What you lose?" Kathleen says, "Nothing, we're trying to find something. " He hops out of his truck and says, "What you trying to find?" Kathleen replies, " We don't know." So he grabs his flashlight and decides to help. Shortly after another guy walks up and ask, "What you guys lose?" You know how the conversation went after that. Unfortunately the four of us found nothing, It turned out it hasn't been found at that location since April.

As they're walking out the door to drive home around 11 pm Kathleen says, " I found another one near by and it requires tweezers, are you in?" That would be a big fat NO.

I have to admit it was fun - I felt like Dora the Explorer with the I'm the Map song stuck in my head... we laughed through the entire adventure,


Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people