Skip to main content


I woke up way too early this morning. 

Yesterday Makenna was playing with Tom's phone so we woke up to an alarm that sounded like the phone ringing at 4am. I will be ready for bed by 7 tonight.

I read a few devotionals before I ventured out of bed to make my way to the coffee. After pouring a huge cup I joined the dogs in the backyard. We sat watching a quick shower of rain and enjoyed the morning view - at least I did, the dogs decided to ditch me to run in the grass.

As I sit staring at the sky and the palm trees I can't help but think that I need to do this more often. I never take time to enjoy the view. My morning usually begins with me running around the house with a cup of coffee in my hand which usually ends up cold before I have time to finish it. I'm actually enjoying listening to the birds chirp, but I have to admit that I'm really tempted to grab the broom and start sweeping the patio - I have relaxing issues, but I'm forcing myself to stay seated and enjoy some of life's simple pleasures. 

I believe when I get close to the end of my journey on this earth - my memories of  the simple things in life will be my treasures.



 It's not about having it all. It's about having what you value most. 
- Jean Chatzky


.

Have a beautiful Sunday - take some time to enjoy the simple things in life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people