Skip to main content

Happy 21st!

Twenty one years ago I was in Scottsdale giving birth to a baby girl. I still remember when the the nurses would bring her to me they would check our arm bracelets numerous times making sure she was really mine.                                                                      Yes, she was the fairest of them all.

It's hard to believe that she's 21 today. It really does seem like it was only yesterday that I was trying to drop her off at preschool as she hung tightly to my leg begging me not to go. She told me that she was never going to leave me and live with me forever - I didn't believe that statement then, but I do today.

It's been a fun 21 years  and I can't wait to celebrate 21 more.

Saturday we'll go out with family and friends to celebrate - today will just be dinner at home with the family.

All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it!
Bob Newhart

Happy Birthday Kelsey - make it fabulous.  I love you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people