Skip to main content

I Will Continue

I made a decision last night to get off of Facebook. Lately most everything I come across is negative. I'm well aware that there's some major issues happening in the world that we're living in today, but that isn't why I'm on Facebook. I don't want to see abused people, abused animals, hungry children, or read hateful angry rants because people aren't open minded and try to control the opinions of others.

Maybe I'm following the wrong people, but either way, it just wasn't feeding my soul any longer. The time had come for me to eliminate it from my life for awhile. I also made the decision to clean my camp as well. I've worked way too hard on myself to allow people to use me or play emotional games with me. Those that know me well should know that I detach easily and I trust few. I'm what happens when you grow up in a home full of lies, secrets, and broken promises - it teaches you to trust no one, and to walk away with out looking back. As much as I've grown, and as much as I love the person that I've become, I can't completely shake some things. But, I do know that I don't want to slip into the person that I don't want to be, I love myself too much for that, so I disconnect from what sends me reminders of the past, and triggers me to spiral down. I don't want the years of negativity that lived in my head for over twenty years to set up house again.
I read something on Instagram today that said, "If it's not gonna matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes upset by it." I found that to be such a profound statement, and from this day forward that's my go to quote when people involve me in their mess. It's my reminder to let go of what isn't for me.

I will continue to spread positivity and love through Instagram for the time being. I love the connections that I have made on this site. It's refreshing to have feeds with positive thoughts, posts that make me laugh, health and body wellness, and believers in God - this feeds my soul.

There's so many beautiful souls in the world working to bring light and love to those that feel lost. This is what I'm seeking - like minded people that want to focus on the good in the world while helping others realize that happiness is something that we all deserve and can achieve.

Find your happy!


Peace, Love, & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people